The cumulative sales for the domestic market sees a 21% rise and the global sales sees a 12% drop- says Tata motors sales report for January 2019…
Past one month of the year 2019, we have the Tata motors sales report out and here is what it says:
- The Tata Motors Commercial and Passenger Vehicles Business sales in the domestic market witnessed an 8% drop in January 2019 selling a mere 54,915 units against the 59,441 units of the same time last year, owing to muted consumer sentiments.
- The commercial vehicles (CV) sales witnessed a 6% drop in Jan, selling 37,089 units against the previous figure of 39,386; Subdued market sentiments, high-interest rates, lag effect of implementation of revised axle load norms, slowing industrial output and declining IIP growth index could be blamed. It should also be told here that the CV industry had been having a muted growth this time with respect to the H2 of FY18.
- However cumulative sales for the fiscal (April – January 19 ) have grown by 23% from 308,921 to 378,664 units.
- The M&HCV truck segment declined by 9%, selling 11,694 units, while the I&LCV truck segment sold 4,999 units in January 19, thereby recording a growth of 10%. Sales of the SCV Cargo and Pickup segment dropped by 7%. The commercial passenger carrier segment recorded sales of 3,777 units, a clear 8% decline from the previous figures.
- The non-availability of retail finance and liquidity crunch in the market had all imposed low customer sentiments, resulting in an 11%drop in the PV domestic sales as well. However, the segment’s cumulative sales had a 17% growth this time around. We expect the Harrier to further beef up the game for Tata Motors.
- The story had been no much different globally as well. The Tata Motors Group global wholesales figures in Jan 19, including Jaguar Land Rover, were at 100,572 units, lower by 12% with respect to January 18.
- The Tata Daewoo range and Tata Motors commercial vehicles sold 40886 numbers globally.
- Global wholesales for Jaguar Land Rover were 41,676 units- 12,904 Jaguars and 28,772 Land Rovers, to be more exact…
Their photos are going to make you want to apply for leave right away! Follow our Tata Truckers as they drive around some of India’s most stunning, unspoiled places in the course of their work! Log on to https://t.co/86095xGLqB#TataTrucks #PhotoOKPlease #DeshKeTruck pic.twitter.com/8wARfK8Hnc
— Tata Motors (@TataMotors) February 14, 2019