Looks like an aggressive pricing for the aggressive-looking compact SUV
After days of sky high anticipation, Kia Motors India has finally launched the Sonet compact SUV in the country. The prices for the Sonet start at INR 6.71 lakh and go all the way till INR 11.99 lakh.
The sub-four metre SUV was unveiled last month in India. The Kia Sonet comes feature-packed and absolutely stylish. It has a bunch of first-in-class features in the top trims. It is also the first car in the segment to feature two different trim levels- Tech line and GT line. The GT line is the sportier of the two and offers loads of premium features.
The Sonet gets many interesting design elements like LED headlamp units with integrated DRLs, signature Tiger Nose grille from Kia, sculpted bumpers, chromed beltline, LED tail lamps etc. Talking about the in-cabin experience, there is an array of super-interesting technologies and equipment, the 10.25-inch touchscreen with premium audio from BOSE, sunroof, and Kia’s UVO connect to name a few.
The Sonet comes offered in three engine and five transmission options. The SUV gets 1.2 petrol, 1.5 diesel, and 1.0 turbo petrol mills and has 6AT, 5MT, 6 iMT, 6 MT and 7DCT on offer as gearboxes. The 1.2L petrol engine comes mated just to the 5 MT box and produces 83 PS and 115Nm. The 1.0L turbo petrol has a choice of 6 iMT and 7 DCT on offer and lets out 120 PS and 172 Nm. The 1.5L diesel engine produces 115 PS when mated to the 6AT, courtesy to its variable geometry turbocharger and 100PS when mated to the 6MT.
Kia had started taking in booking for the Sonet sometime back and the SUV has amassed over 25000 bookings so far. Kia deserves praise for offering premium features on the mis spec variants as well. The Sonet is evidently a sure shot for the carmaker.
Kia Sonet Price
- 1.2 petrol MT HTE Rs. 6.71 Lakh
- 1.2 petrol MT HTK Rs. 7.59 Lakh
- 1.2 petrol MT HTK+ Rs. 8.45 Lakh
- 1.0 turbo petrol iMT HTK+ Rs. 9.49 Lakh
- 1.0 turbo petrol iMT HTX Rs. 9.99 Lakh
- 1.0 turbo petrol iMT HTX+ Rs. 11.65 Lakh
- 1.0 turbo petrol iMT GTX+ Rs. 11.99 Lakh
- 1.0 turbo petrol DCT Rs. 10.49 Lakh
- 1.5 diesel MT HTE Rs. 8.05 Lakh
- 1.5 diesel MT HTK Rs. 8.99 Lakh
- 1.5 diesel MT HTK+ Rs. 9.49 Lakh
- 1.5 diesel MT HTX Rs. 9.99 Lakh
- 1.5 diesel MTHTX+ Rs. 11.65 Lakh
- 1.5 diesel MT GTX+ Rs. 11.99 Lakh
- 1.5 diesel AT HTK+ Rs. 10.39 Lakh
- Kia Sonet Review: The Next Level Of Wild Tamed!
- 2020 Kia Carnival Review: Here Is All You Need To Know About The MPV!
- Kia Sonet Crosses 6500 Bookings On Day One!